The remains of 24-year-old Alexis Gabe were discovered Thursday in Plymouth, California, according to the authorities.
Authorities have found some of the bones of a California woman who went missing earlier this year and whose ex-boyfriend is suspected of killing her.
In a news release on Friday, the Oakley Police Department disclosed that 24-year-old Alexis Gabe’s bones had been found. Her identification was verified by her dental history.
Approximately 80 miles away from her hometown of Oakley, in Plymouth, California, a neighbor discovered Gabe’s remains on Thursday, according to the authorities.
“Due to the nature of the condition of Alexis’ remains, and the lack of her full body, we do believe the remainder of her remains are scattered in various areas,” the release reads. “Due to the condition of Alexis’ remains, we realize there may never be a full recovery of her.”
On January 26, Gabe was last observed in Antioch, California.
Authorities claim that her ex-boyfriend, Marshall Curtis Jones, 27, killed her at his house and dispersed her remains in a rural location.
After escaping to Washington state in the wake of Gabe’s murder, Jones was slain in a shootout with authorities in June, according to a previous PEOPLE investigation.
Authorities made public handwritten driving instructions in July that included left and right turns as well as an estimated travel time and were thought to have been penned by Jones.
Police at the time thought the directions ended where Jones dumped Gabe’s body.
While authorities did not clarify if the directions did in fact indicate where her remains were recovered, they did note her bones were located in an area identified early on where “Jones traveled to in the hours and days after Alexis was reported as missing.”
Also Read: Palos Heights High school Teen, Ryan Plowman, 17, dies unexpectedly
According to police, “The Gabe family has been notified and they are requesting respect and privacy during this time of mourning.”
Few things about Alexis Gabe that you might’ve been looking for:
- Alexis Gabe is the daughter of Gwyn Gabe. Alexis was a resident of. Oakley in California, USA. She was 3 years younger than Marshall Curtis Jones, an ex-boyfriend.
- After visiting Jones in his home in Antioch, Contra Costa County, on January 26, 2022, she vanished. Days after she vanished, he relocated to Kent, Washington, in the USA.
- On June 1, 2022, while she was still missing, federal agents were attempting to serve Jones with an arrest warrant when they fatally shot him.
- Her family changed their focus in September 2022 from looking for information about her whereabouts to looking for information regarding her remains while still holding onto a $100,000 reward.
- Her remains were discovered in Plymouth, California, on November 3, 2022.
- 24 was the age of her passing.